- Become a greeter or program volunteer – volunteers help us to staff the center by making sure the center is clean and set up for the day’s activities, which can include setting up chairs in our group meeting room; keeping brochures and information boards up to date and greeting walk-in guests to the center.
- Help with administrative tasks – we have a few opportunities for people with office and technical skills who can help with tasks such as updating our mailing lists, copying meeting or informational handouts and assisting with planning.
- Become an SSPR Ambassador – learn how to spread the word about SSPR by staffing resource tables at local community events, being a town representative for SSPR or providing outreach to local organizations and businesses with information about SSPR
- Assist with childcare for a group – some of our programs offer childcare to its participants and interested volunteers can assist along with trained professionals.
- Join a committee
- Program Committee – help identify and recommend new program offerings for SSPR by connecting with community resources who can bring new programs to our center in response to our peer survey.
- Development Committee – help SSPR connect with new supporters who can help us assure that our programs will continue to grow and always be FREE to those who participate. Help make our Annual Recovery Rocks Music Festival a success!
- Finance Committee – if you have specific expertise in finance or audit you may request to sit on this committee of the board
- Ad hoc committees – these change with the season and depend on the needs of SSPR at the time – they include: Event committees, Special Project Teams, Community Meeting Teams
“I believe in this place… I am sure that it has made all the difference in my being able to maintain sobriety this time. Thanks to the people I have met at SSPR, I celebrated a year living in recovery this month!” SSPR volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with South Shore Peer Recovery! Volunteers are important to everything we do and we appreciate their contributions to our recovery community. Please take a few minutes to fill out this form so that we can understand your interests and skills and help you find an individualized match for fulfilling volunteer work at SSPR.